Compression testing is a widely used materials testing technique to determine the behavior of materials under compressive loads. Tests are often performed on materials such as metal, plastic, rubber, wood and concrete. Compression testing involves compressing a sample in uniaxial or triaxial directions and measuring the deformation and strength properties of the material.
Advantages of Compression Testing
Compression testing provides valuable information about the strength and deformation properties of materials under compressive loads. This information is critical in determining whether a material is suitable for its intended application. Compression testing helps engineers understand how materials behave under different loading conditions, such as compression, shear, or tension. This knowledge can be used to design and optimize new products or materials. Compression testing can also be used to assess the performance and quality of existing materials.
Additionally, compression testing provides a baseline for quality control. By testing the compressive properties of a material before using it in a product, manufacturers can ensure that it meets required specifications. This helps prevent product failures, reduce warranty claims and increase customer satisfaction.
Common Compression Test Standards
There are several compression test standards that are widely used across various industries. The following are some of the most common compression test standards:
- ASTM D695
This standard is used for testing the compressive properties of plastics and composites.
- ASTM D1621
This standard is used for testing the compressive properties of rigid cellular plastics.
- ASTM D2166
This standard is used for testing the unconfined compressive strength of cohesive soils.
What we can offer
1. Customized Services: We understand that each material is unique and requires tailored testing services. That is why we offer personalized services to meet your specific requirements.
2. State-of-the-Art Equipment: At TC&A Lab, we only use the latest equipment and technology to ensure that we meet the highest standards in compression testing.
3. Timely Delivery: We understand that time is of the essence when it comes to testing biological materials. We will provide you with accurate results within the shortest possible time frame to keep your project on schedule.
4. Expert Support: Our team of experts is always available to provide you with all the support you need throughout the testing process. We offer advice on sample preparation, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
In conclusion, at TC&A Lab, we take pride in providing customized, reliable, and accurate compression testing services to our clients. Contact us to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your testing needs.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
Morphology & Size Analysis
- Optical Microscope (OM) Testing Services
- SEM/EDS Testing Services
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Lab Services
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) Lab Services
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Lab Services
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) Lab Services
- Surface Analysis
- Layer Compression Test
- Cross Cut Test
- Color/Gloss Measurement
- Surface Roughness Test
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Surface Tension Tesing
- Ingredient Analysis