Adhesives are widely used in the construction industry, automobiles, aerospace and other industries, and metal, stone, plastic, wood and glass fiber reinforced plastics and other materials require adhesives as substrates. Testing is very important for all aspects of material science and engineering, especially for adhesives. Adhesive performance testing is necessary to evaluate the long-term reliability and durability of adhesive products in various applications. In addition, it can also evaluate bonding technology, surface cleaning, effectiveness of surface treatment, surface corrosion, adhesive coating, adhesive layer thickness and curing conditions, etc. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Adhesive Testing service according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
What we can do
We guide customers to provide sample quantities according to their needs, and we select relevant testing standards based on the characteristics of the samples and customer needs.
- Provide third-party testing reports;
- Analyze relevant performance indicators according to relevant industry standards to determine the quality of samples;
- Diagnose the problem based on the data and find the cause of the failure.
Types of adhesive materials that are commonly tested include:
- Pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes
- Thermosetting structural adhesives
Adhesives strength testing
- Tensile strength testing
- Shear strength testing
- Peel strength testing
- Bending strength
- Impact strength
- Splitting strength
Other service items
- Physical and chemical indicators: Density, viscosity, acid value, softening point, water content, free matter content, solid content, hydroxyl content, etc.
- Formula analysis: Reduce the adhesive product formula, occupy the market opportunity.
- Composition testing: Optimize the performance of adhesive products and understand the composition of the products.
- Process diagnosis: Guide the production process of adhesive products and find the root cause of the problem.
- Component analysis: Analyze the main components of the adhesive product to clarify the classification and application areas.
- Product development: Shorten research and development time and control production costs.
Standards we test to
- ASTM D950 (Impact Strength), ASTM D4689, ASTM D1779, ASTM D1151, ASTM D897 (Tensile Properties), ASTM D2919 (Durability in Shear), ASTM D903 (Peel or Stripping Strength), ASTM F904 (Bond Strength), ASTM D3330 (Peel Adhesion), ASTM D1876 (T-Peel), ASTM D3164 (Lap Shear), ASTM D3528 (Lap Shear), ASTM D1623 (Tensile Properties)
- ISO/WD 6076, ISO/DIS 10365, ISO/DIS 11339, ISO/DIS 15109, ISO/DIS 15108, ISO/DIS 15107, ISO/DIS 14678, ISO/DIS 13445, ISO/DIS 10964, ISO/DIS 10123, ISO/DIS 9665, ISO/DIS 9664, ISO/DIS 9653, ISO/DIS 9142, ISO/DIS 4587, ISO/DIS 21368, ISO 22636
In addition, the experts in our Adhesive Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials