Automotive Materials Testing
With the increasingly complete functions of various new models and people's continuous pursuit of ride experience and safety, automobile manufacturers are required to monitor the quality and safety of materials at the source. As the basis of vehicle production, the quality of automotive materials and parts is a prerequisite for the success of vehicle production. Because the process of automobile manufacturing is very complex, the failure of any part may lead to serious consequences, even cause casualties, and bring great harm to the society. If you are going to prove to customers the safety, high quality and durability of your products, while reducing the risk of product returns or recalls, then it is necessary to fully understand the physical, chemical, and environmental characteristics of your products.
As the world's leading third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab has built a global service organization for automotive parts testing to provide you with professional and fast one-stop service.
Our testing scope includes but not limited to
- Steel plate
- Light metal materials
- Non-metallic materials
- Cushioning materials
- Coating materials
- Interior materials
Hot/cold rolled steel plate, surface-treated steel plates, stainless steel plate, high-strength steel plates, etc.
Aluminum plate, aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy, titanium alloy, etc.
Glass fiber reinforced materials (GFRP), carbon fiber reinforced materials (CFRP), etc.
Glass, plastic, rubber, leather, artificial leather, chemical fiber, etc.
Leather, cardboard, cork, asbestos, artificial leather, foam, etc.
Primers (composition: oils, resins, pigments, diluent, auxiliary materials), topcoats, putty, auxiliary materials, etc.
All kinds of fabrics, leather, soft materials, plastics, etc.
Our testing items include but not limited to
- Metal materials and parts testing
- Mechanical performance testing: Tensile testing, bending testing, hardness testing, impact testing
- Composition testing: Qualitative and quantitative analysis of components, analysis of trace elements
- Structural analysis: Metallographic analysis, nondestructive testing, coating analysis
- Size measurement: Three-coordinate measurement, projector measurement, precision caliper measurement
- Polymer materials and parts testing
- Physical performance testing: Tensile testing, bending testing, impact strength, hardness, haze, tear strength
- Thermal performance testing: Glass conversion temperature, melting index, Vicat temperature softening point, low temperature embrittlement temperature, melting point, expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity coefficient
- Coating performance test of interior and exterior parts: Gloss, color difference, film thickness, adhesion, pencil hardness, abrasion resistance, artificial sweat resistance test, scratch resistance test, oil resistance test, detergent resistance test, coating impact resistance test
- Burning performance testing: Vertical burning test, horizontal burning test, 45° angle burning test, FFVSS 302, I SO 3975, SAEJ369, GM 9070P
- Materials analysis: Qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, Fourier infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Reliability testing: Salt spray aging test, high and low temperature aging test, ozone aging test, high and low temperature impact test, accelerated life test, fatigue test, light aging test
- Electrical performance testing: Surface resistance, dielectric constant, dielectric loss, dielectric strength, volume resistivity, withstand voltage, breakdown voltage
- Testing for restricted hazardous substances in automobiles
- EU ELV: Pb, Cd, Cr6+, Hg
- China ELV: Pb, Cd, Cr6+, Hg, PBB, PBDE
- Vehicle oil and fuel testing
- Test products: Lubricating oil, gasoline, diesel, liquefied petroleum gas, other vehicle oil testing
- Test items: Octane number, cetane number, cetane index, component analysis, metal ion, particle distribution, density, viscosity, ash, flash point, moisture, alkane oxide, sulfur content, pour point, distillation range, oxidation stability, etc.
With the development of the automobile industry, the requirements of automobile manufacturers on automobile materials have become increasingly stringent. Whether it’s paint or metal, or other types of automotive materials, T,C&A Automotive Materials Laboratory has complete experimental equipment, experienced testing and technical development teams to help you follow international, national, vehicle manufacturers or your special criteria make the most accurate judgment on the material. If you have related testing needs, please contact our experts for free consultation.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing
- Meteorite Testing
- Mineral Testing