Batteries are devices that convert chemical energy into electrical energy and are used in a wide variety of devices and systems, including cell phones, laptops, electric vehicles, household appliances, and more. Battery characterization and testing is critical for battery manufacturers, researchers and users to understand and optimize battery performance, safety and reliability.
T, C&A Lab, as a professional third-party reliability testing organization, can provide a full range of battery characterization services according to customer requirements. This service involves the evaluation of various performance parameters and characteristics of the battery, helping customers to determine the capacity, efficiency, cycle life, self-discharge rate, and other important factors affecting its overall performance, to the extent of understanding and enhancing the functionality of the battery system.
Available battery characterization services are listed below:
|Half-cell and full-cell testing
|Ionic conductivity testing
|LiOH & Li2CO3 content measurement
|Particle size analysis
|BET surface area analysis
|Tap density testing
|Powder density testing (helium pycnometer)
|Battery exhaust characteristics analysis
Our characterization techniques are listed below:
|Typical Battery Applications
|Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
|Morphology, mixing and film uniformity, particle size
|Raw material quality control
|Impurity detection, carbon phase, functional group analysis
|Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
|Particle size, particle coating analysis, crystallinity phase
|Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS)
|Elemental analysis/mapping,SEI characterization
|X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)
|Chemical state, composition
|Time of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (TOF-SIMS)
|Organic composition, SEI characterization
|Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES)
|Elemental mapping, particle depth profiling
|Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy (SIMS)
|Elemental depth profiling of metals
|Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
|Characterization of volatile organic species, electrolyte characterization
|X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
|Crystallographic phase, crystallite size, crystal density
|Levels of atmospheric species
|Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
|Alignment of internal components
|X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
We test most battery chemistries, including:
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery.
- Rechargeable Nickel Battery.
- Rechargeable Lead Acid Batteries.
- Non-Rechargeable Lithium Battery.
- Non-Rechargeable Consumer Batteries.
The T, C&A advantages
- Customized Test Protocols: Whether you need performance verification of a new battery design or characterization of an existing battery system, we can design a customized test plan to meet your needs.
- Performance Evaluation: We provide insight into the behavior of batteries under a variety of operating conditions. By evaluating factors such as temperature sensitivity, charge/discharge profiles and efficiency, we help you identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Failure Analysis: We specialize in failure analysis, utilizing advanced diagnostic techniques to identify factors that contribute to battery performance degradation or failure.
- Regulatory compliance: Our battery characterization services ensure that your batteries comply with relevant standards, including safety certifications, performance benchmarks, and environmental requirements.
Are you looking to optimize the performance and reliability of your batteries? Contact us today to learn more about our battery characterization services and how we can help you optimize your battery's performance and reliability.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing
- Mineral Testing