Coating refers to a type of liquid or solid material that can be coated on the surface of an object to form a film under certain conditions for protection, decoration or other special functions, including insulation, rust prevention, mildew resistance, heat resistance, etc. There are four main functions: protection, decoration, cover up the defects of the product and other special functions, and enhance the value of the product. Development, formulation and performance or failure investigations can be supported by analysis and testing of coatings. T,C&A Lab provides professional coating testing and analysis solutions, focusing on the physical and chemical properties, environmental protection properties, and ingredient formulations of coatings, providing professional and authoritative testing reports, and creating a reliable and worry-free one-stop coating testing service for customers.
The products we can test include:
- Coatings: Architectural coatings, automotive coatings, fluorocarbon coatings, marine coatings, wood coatings, toy coatings, nitro coatings, waterproof coatings, phenolic resin coatings, fireproof coatings, anticorrosive coatings, powder coatings, electrophoretic coatings, solvent-based exterior wall coatings, water-soluble interior wall coatings, etc.
- Paints: Insulating paint, electrophoretic paint, fluorocarbon paint, ship paint, wood paint, architectural paint, exterior wall inorganic architectural paint, vinyl perchloride enamel, amino baking enamel, automotive topcoat / primer, etc.
- Auxiliary materials for coatings: Nitropaint diluent, drying agent for paint, moisture-proof agent for nitro paint, moisture-proof agent for vinyl perchloride paint, moisture-proof agent for nitro paint, paint remover, amino paint dilution, organic bentonite for paint, rare earth drier for paint, thinner for vinyl perchloride paint, etc.
Testing items of coatings
- Aging test: Life test, salt spray aging, high and low temperature cycling, light aging, ozone aging, artificial accelerated aging, etc.
- Formula reduction: Analysis of the components, elements, or raw materials of a product or sample.
- Composition analysis: The composition, element content and filler content of paint can be accurately analyzed by means of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Physical properties testing: Appearance, transparency, whiteness, color, adhesion, viscosity, fineness, ash, pH, flash point, density, hardness, etc.
- Chemical properties testing: Weather resistance, wear resistance, acid and alkali resistance, gasoline resistance, impact resistance, color penetration, water resistance, moisture and heat resistance, volatile oil resistance, pollution resistance, salt fog resistance, temperature denaturation resistance, stain resistance, scrubbing resistance, boiling water resistance, detergent resistance, solvent wiping resistance, etc.
- Construction performance testing: Hiding power, usage, consumption, drying time, paint film polishing, leveling, sagging, paint film thickness, paint film heating test, etc.
- Hazardous substance testing: VOC, formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, xylene, free TDI, PAHs, ethylbenzene, total xylene, free formaldehyde content, total TDI and HDI content, glycol ether, lead, mercury, chromium, cadmium, etc.
- Electrical performance testing: Conductivity, breakdown voltage or breakdown strength, insulation resistance, dielectric constant, dielectric loss.
- Antibacterial and antifungal performance: Antibacterial testing (E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans, etc.), antifungal test.
Standards we test to
- ASTM F1044, ASTM D1735, ASTM D4585, ASTM D870, ASTM D2247, ASTM D6943, ASTM D5139, ASTM B201, ASTM D609, ASTM D2369, ASTM D1200, ASTM D1475, ASTM D4587
- ISO 4536, ISO 4539, ISO 20502, ISO 20502, ISO 8079, ISO 8078, ISO 8081, ISO 27307
In addition, the experts in our Coatings Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials