The leather industry covers major industries such as tanning, shoemaking, leather clothing, leather goods, fur and their products, as well as supporting industries such as leather chemicals, leather hardware, leather machinery, and accessories. Leather is the main raw material of the leather products industry, mainly used for shoe uppers, shoe soles, clothing, luggage and so on. Therefore, the quality of leather products depends largely on the quality of the raw materials used. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Leather Testing service according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
The products we can test include but not limited to:
- Raw leather: Cow leather, goat leather, sheep leather, pig leather, raccoon leather, rabbit leather, fox leather, mink leather, etc.
- Finished leather: Shoe upper leather, shoe lining leather, garment glove leather, sofa leather, car seat leather, luggage leather, special/professional finished leather, etc.
- Artificial leather: PVC artificial leather, polyamide artificial leather, polyolefin artificial leather, polyurethane artificial leather, polyolefin leather, nylon leather, synthetic leather, etc.
- Finished leather clothing: Leather coats, leather jackets, leather hats, fashion leather, special/professional finished leather clothing, etc.
- Fur products: Fur mattresses, fur clothing, fur hats, fur toys, mink fur products, fox fur products, etc.
- Leather accessories: Molded soles, artificial leather, synthetic leather, heels, shoe lasts, shoelaces, leather hardware accessories, leather accessories, etc.
- Ball leather: Leather basketball, leather volleyball, leather football, special/professional leather balls, etc.
Some testing services of leathers:
- Physical performance testing: Tensile strength, elongation, tear strength, shrinkage temperature, burst height, burst strength, apparent density of leather, coating fold fastness, bottom leather fold fastness, water absorption, heat resistance, oil resistance, friction resistance, flame retardancy of fur
- Chemical performance testing: pH value, hexavalent chromium content, formaldehyde content, prohibited azo dyes, fur volatile content, leather moisture content and volatile matter
- Colorfastness: Colorfastness to rubbing, colorfastness to water stain, colorfastness to perspiration, colorfastness to light
- Content determination: Formaldehyde content, hexavalent chromium, azo, heavy metals, PCP, TeCP, OPP, free fatty acid content, organotin compounds
- Material identification: Leather, fur, artificial leather, synthetic leather, etc.
- Analysis items: Component analysis, toxic and hazardous substance testing, environmental protection testing, azo testing
Standards we test to
- ASTM D1610, ASTM D5552, ASTM D4705, ASTM D2210, ASTM D1814, ASTM D5052, ASTM D2098
- ISO 14931, ISO 20940, ISO/CD 5433, ISO/CD 5432, ISO/CD 5431, ISO/CD 16131, ISO/CD 14268, ISO/CD 11644, ISO/CD 14087, ISO/CD 15701
In addition, the experts in our Leather Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing
- Meteorite Testing
- Mineral Testing