Nonwoven Materials Testing
Non-woven fabric is composed of oriented or random fibers, which is a new generation of environmental protection materials, which is moisture-proof, breathable, flexible, light, non-combustion-supporting, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color, low price, recyclable and so on, are recognized internationally as environmentally friendly products that protect the earth's ecology. They are suitable for agricultural films, shoemaking, tanning, home textiles, decoration, chemicals, printing, automobiles, medical and health disposable surgical clothes, masks, building materials, furniture, and even today's fashionable gift bags, boutique bags, shopping bags, advertising bags and other industries. The most concerned issue of non-woven fabric users is the quality and performance of the product, followed by the price.
Significance of nonwovens testing
- In order to continuously expand the application fields of non-woven fabrics, it is very important to develop high-tech products of non-woven fabrics and master the performance indicators of various raw materials.
- In order to carry out technical exchanges and business negotiations between buyers and sellers, and improve the success rate of trade negotiations, distributors must understand and master the test items of non-woven fabrics, which can save business negotiation time and enable users to accept their products.
- The performance test of nonwovens is the basic basis for manufacturers and distributors to make product manuals, and it is also the key to the success of business negotiations. Therefore, in the fierce product market competition, the performance testing of nonwovens is particularly important for occupying the market.
As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Nonwovens Testing service according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
The products we can test include:
- Medical and sanitary nonwovens: Surgical clothing, protective clothing, disinfection cloth, mask, wiping cloth, and disposable sanitary cloth, etc.
- Non-woven fabrics for home decoration: Wall cloths, tablecloths, bed sheets, bedspreads, etc.
- Non-woven fabrics for clothing: Lining, adhesive lining, floc, all kinds of synthetic leather bottom cloth, etc.
- Industrial nonwovens: Reinforced materials, polishing materials, filter materials, insulating materials, cement bags, geotextiles, coated fabrics, etc.
- Agricultural nonwovens: Crop protection cloth, seedling raising cloth, irrigation cloth, thermal insulation curtain and so on.
- Other non-woven fabrics: space cotton, heat preservation and sound insulation materials, tea bags, shoes, etc.
Testing items of nonwovens
Most of the applications of nonwovens are the same as textiles and paper, so most of the testing items of nonwovens are related to textiles or paper. All testing items for nonwovens are shown in Table 1.
Table 1 Nonwovens Test Items
|Wear-resistant||Compression and recovery rate||Insulation performance|
|Cutting performance||Liquid transfer rate||Specific-gravity|
|Aging resistance||Density and bulkiness||Aspect ratio|
|Electrostatic effect||Air permeability||Dimensional stability|
|Burning performance||Sterilization effect||Shielding property|
|Drape property||Forming performance||Surface structure and shape|
|Bending resistance and recovery rate||Dyeability||Odor|
|Tear strength and change||Biodegradability||Elastic recovery rate|
|Hydrophobicity and lipophilicity||Tensile strength||Biological activation performance|
|Extractability||Lightness or transmittance||Dry humidity|
|Breaking strength||Temperature resistance and flame retardancy||Optical properties|
|Thickness||Chemical resistance, stability and sensitivity||Liquid adsorption and retention|
|Anti-pilling||Difference between upper and lower surfaces||Cleanability|
|Heat setting performance||Effective aperture||Toxicity|
|Layer or lamination performanc||Thermal or ultrasonic bonding||Printability|
|Color and lustre||Hydrophobicity and hydrophilicity||Sound absorption and shock absorption|
|Quantitative analysis||Ingredient analysis||Impact resistance|
|Suture strength||Wrinkle resistance||Fatigue strength|
Standards we test to
- ASTM D6701-21
- ISO 9073-11, ISO 9073-18, ISO 11810, ISO 9092, ISO 9073-12, ISO 9073-6, ISO 9073-17, ISO 9073-10
In addition, the experts in our Nonwovens Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials