Polymer Material Testing
Polymer is a product formed by polymerization (addition polymerization) of a kind of monomer. In the production process of polymer materials, processing performance tests are required. At present, polymer material testing is developing in the direction of functionalization and specialization. How to solve the processability problem through the data obtained through the test with a fast method and the least sample amount is also the key to material development. The testing of polymer material properties is of great significance to product development and research, introduction of optimization process and product quality control. T,C&A Lab can test all kinds of polymers.
Significance of polymer testing
- Characterization of polymer structure
- Determination of polymer properties
- Determination of molecular motion of polymers
Understanding the microstructure, submicrostructure and macrostructure of polymers.
Evaluation and application of new materials, control of product quality, and study of the relationship between polymer structure and properties.
Different modes of molecular motion will lead to changes in the mechanical state of polymers. Each polymer has its own specific transition. Studying the relaxation and transformation of polymers can help people understand the structure of polymers and establish the relationship between structure and properties.
The scope of our testing includes, but is not limited to
- Emulsion polymer
- Acrylic polymer
- Polymer matrix composites
- Water soluble polymer
- Amino acid polymer
- Polymer polystyrene board
Our testing capabilities and techniques
- Determination of molecular weight and molecular weight distribution
- Number average molecular weight determination
- Weight average molecular weight determination
- Viscosity average molecular weight determination
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Analysis and characterization of polymer structure
- Chain structure
- Aggregation structure
- Determination of polymer properties
- Mechanical properties
- Rheological properties
- Thermal performance
- Electrical properties
- Study the molecular motion of polymers
- Study of molecular motion through changes in thermodynamic properties - Differential scanning calorimeter
- Study of molecular motion by the change of mechanical properties - Static and dynamic thermomechanical analyzers
- Study of molecular motion by the change of electromagnetic properties - Dielectric relaxation and nuclear magnetic resonance
- Study of molecular motion by volume change - Thermal dilatometer
- Quantitative analysis
- Determine the proportion of different configurations in the polymer
- Determine the content of a particular group in a polymer
- Study on the kinetics of polymerization
- Composition and sequence distribution of copolymers
- Study on the crystal form, crystallinity and crystallization kinetics of polymers
- Study on the orientation of polymers
-Infrared spectrum, ultraviolet spectrum, fluorescence spectrum, Raman spectrum, electronic spectrum, nuclear magnetic resonance, paramagnetic resonance, X-ray diffraction (wide angle), electron diffraction, neutron diffraction.
-X-ray diffraction (small angle), solid small angle laser light scattering, electron diffraction, electron microscope, optical microscope, atomic force microscope, thermal analysis.
-Tensile, bending, shear, compression test, impact test, creep test, stress relaxation curve, high and low frequency fatigue test.
-Provide a basis for selecting material molding processing methods and determining molding processing conditions; study the influence of additives on polymer rheological properties; study the viscoelasticity of polymer materials; and study the morphology and phase behavior of polymer blends.
-Rotational rheometer, capillary rheometer, melt flow rate tester
-Glass transition and various secondary transitions; crystallization and melting; thermal decomposition, cracking, and thermal oxygen degradation of polymers; polymerization kinetics and curing and crosslinking kinetics; polymer water absorption and dehydration research; identification of unknown polymers; The composition of copolymers and blends; blend compatibility, blend morphology and interaction.
-Thermal conductivity tester, differential scanning calorimeter, expansion coefficient tester, thermal deformation temperature measuring instrument.
-Surface resistance and volume resistance, dielectric constant, dielectric loss tangent, high voltage electrical breakdown test.
Contact us today to find out how our polymer testing ensures that your polymer materials are used safely and efficiently and meet all relevant standards.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing
- Meteorite Testing
- Mineral Testing