Pulp and Paper Testing
Pulp is processed from certain plants as raw materials, and it is the basic raw material for papermaking. Paper-related testing standards test various quality and performance indicators of paper products. The testing scope covers several categories such as household paper, cultural paper, packaging paper, special paper, pulp and plastic packaging. Their key indicators are quantitative, tensile strength, tear, softness, permeability, heavy metals and microorganisms. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Pulp and Paper Testing service according to ISO, ASTM, TAPPI standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
The products we tested include:
- Pulp testing: Wood pulp, straw pulp, bamboo pulp, cotton pulp, waste paper pulp
- Cultural paper testing: Coated paper, printing paper, carbon paper, etc.
- Packaging paper testing: Cellophane, kraft paper, corrugated boxes, etc.
- Household paper testing: Toilet paper, diapers, napkins, paper towels, etc.
- Industrial paper testing: Kraft cardboard, corrugated core paper, coated white cardboard, gray cardboard, etc.
Pulp testing items we provide
In commercially and production, various pulp quality inspection indicators are often formulated according to different usage requirements, such as pulp whiteness, filterability, sieving components, resin and ash content, cellulose content, and hardness (representing lignin content), tensile strength, burst strength and tear strength.
Paper testing items we provide
The testing items of the paper vary according to the use of the paper. Table 1 lists all the testing items for the paper.
Table 1 Paper Testing Items
|Tensile strength||Wood pulp content||Transverse liquid absorption height|
|Gram weight||Wear resistance||Extensibility|
|Adsorption||Water absorption||Interlayer bonding strength|
|Tearing||Fiber detection||Folding resistance|
|Rohs test||Microbiological indicators||Heavy metals|
Standards we test to
- ASTM D685, ASTM D1677, ASTM D1968
- TAPPI T 830, TAPPI T 476, TAPPI T 462, TAPPI T 835, TAPPI T 831, TAPPI T 211, TAPPI T 413, TAPPI T 244, TAPPI T 220, TAPPI T 804, TAPPI T 525, TAPPI T 579, TAPPI T 646, TAPPI T 452
- ISO 11093, ISO 187, ISO 13820, ISO/TR 24498, ISO 6599, ISO 12625, ISO 1924, ISO 18522, ISO/TS 20460, ISO/TS 17958, ISO 15359
In addition, the experts in our Pulp and Paper Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: the service is for research use only and not intended for any clinical use.