Rock testing is a general term for the determination of all kinds of basic characteristics of rock. The specific test content should be determined according to the type and scale of the project, as well as the engineering geological problems to be solved. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Rock Testing service according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements to ensure that the selected materials meet the project requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Our testing range include but are not limited to:
The testing services we provide include but are not limited to:
- Rock identification
- Physical and mechanical testing
- Water content: measure the water content of rock in the natural state, indirectly reflect the number of voids in the rock, the compactness of the rock and so on.
- Density: rock density is a necessary calculation index for selecting building materials, studying rock weathering, evaluating rock stability of foundation engineering and determining surrounding rock pressure.
- Gross bulk density: the gross bulk density is a parameter that reflects the degree of rock compactness and the degree of void development. It is also a calculation parameter for evaluating engineering rock mass stability and surrounding rock pressure. According to its moisture content status, the bulk density can be divided into dry density, saturated density and natural density.
- Water absorption rate: the water absorption rate of rock is expressed by water absorption rate and saturated water absorption rate. It is used to reflect the degree of development of rock micro-cracks and to judge the performance of rock resistance to freezing and weathering.
- Frost resistance: frost resistance is to evaluate the ability of rock to resist damage after a specified number of freeze-thaw cycles in a saturated state. There are different requirements for different engineering environment and climate.
- Solmdness: it is determined that the rock will not be significantly damaged or the strength will not decrease after being soaked in saturated sodium sulfate solution for many times and drying cycle.
- Uniaxial compressive strength test: to determine the uniaxial compressive strength of rock specimens with regular shape, which can be used for strength classification and lithology description of rock.
- Flexural strength: evaluate the main mechanical properties of building materials such as rock plate, strip stone base, strip stone pavement and so on. It is suitable for all kinds of rocks.
- Direct shear test
- Young modulus of rock
- Point load, compressive and tensile strength
- Swelling and slake durability
- Poisson ratio
- Chemical analysis
Through identification, the physical and mechanical properties of the rock can be obtained, and the applicability of the rock can be judged more comprehensively. The main content of rock identification includes rock color, rock structure, composition and differentiation.
Chemical analysis mainly determines the content of SiO2, A12O3, Fe2O3, FeO, CaO, MgO, soluble salts, organic matter, ignition loss, specific surface area, etc., to identify the chemical stability of minerals.
Standards we test to
- ASTM D6032, ASTM D2113, ASTM D5731, ASTM D3967, ASTM D4611, ASTM D2216, ASTM D8359, ASTM D5312, ASTM D5240
- ISO 22282, ISO 14689, ISO 17628, ISO/FDIS 22475
In addition, the experts in our Rock Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing
- Mineral Testing