Rubber is a kind of polymer material with high elasticity. Different products have different requirements for rubber, some require high strength, stress resistance, wear resistance, and some require oil resistance, low temperature resistance, high temperature resistance, and aging resistance. The performance of rubber mainly depends on the type of raw rubber used and the formula of the rubber material. Rubber products are widely used in all aspects of industry and life. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab provides Rubber Testing services according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Main properties of rubber materials and products
- Tensile properties: Tensile properties are the first property that all rubber compounds should consider, including tensile strength, tensile stress, elongation, elongation at break and permanent deformation at break, and stress-strain curve.
- Hardness: Hardness indicates the ability of rubber to resist external forces and is also the basic performance of all rubber compounds. The hardness of rubber is related to some other properties to a certain extent. For example, the higher the hardness of the rubber compound, the greater the strength, the lower the elongation, the better abrasion resistance, but the lower the low temperature resistance.
- Compression performance: Rubber seals are often in a compressed state. Due to the viscoelasticity of rubber, after the rubber is compressed, the compressive stress will decrease over time, which is manifested as compression stress relaxation; after the pressure is removed, the original shape cannot be restored, which manifests as compression permanent deformation. In high-temperature oil media, these phenomena are more pronounced. They will affect the sealing performance of the seal, which is one of the important properties of the rubber compound for the seal.
- Low temperature performance: There are usually three ways to express the low temperature resistance of rubber, including: brittleness temperature, low temperature retraction temperature and cold resistance coefficient.
- Oil resistance: Rubber in oil medium (fuel oil, lubricating oil, hydraulic oil, etc.), especially at higher temperatures, will lead to expansion, softening and reduction of strength and hardness. At the same time, plasticizers or soluble substances in rubber may be leached by oil, resulting in weight reduction, volume reduction, causing leakage. Therefore, the oil resistance of rubber is an important property of working compound in oil medium.
- Aging resistance: Rubber is affected by oxygen, ozone, heat, light, moisture and mechanical stress and other factors will cause performance changes, which is called rubber aging. The aging resistance of rubber can be determined by natural aging and artificial accelerated aging tests.
The products we tested include:
- Rubber materials: natural rubber, styrene butadiene rubber, butadiene rubber, neoprene rubber, nitrile rubber, ethylene propylene rubber, butyl rubber, chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber, polyurethane rubber, polysulfide rubber, epichlorohydrin rubber, acrylic Ester rubber, silicon rubber, fluorine rubber, fluorine silicon rubber, etc.
- Rubber products: wires and cables, hoses, seals, rubber plates, tires, inflatable rubber, cots, rubber damping products, rubber mattresses, silicone, medical and health rubber products, etc.
Our analysis projects include:
- Main components of finished products and raw materials
- Formula reduction and improvement
- Imitation generation
- Quality diagnosis
- Spectral analysis
- Failure analysis
- Full component analysis
- Material identification
Testing capabilities in our rubber testing labs:
- Mechanical properties: Giman test, hardness, tensile performance, tearing performance, compression performance, impact performance, friction performance, fatigue resistance, peel strength, tear off strength, adhesive strength, etc.
- Environmental reliability: Life evaluation, aging test, salt spray test, oil resistance and other liquid test, high and low temperature impact, high and low temperature cycle, etc.
- Liquid resistance: Lubricating oil, gasoline, engine oil, acid, alkali, organic solvent, water resistance
- Combustion performance: Fire rating, vertical combustion, horizontal combustion, smoke density, oxygen index, flame spread rate, etc.
- Electrical properties: Surface resistivity, volume resistivity, breakdown voltage, dielectric constant, loss tangent, etc.
- Physical and chemical indicators: Volatile, ash, Mooney viscosity, thermal stability, shear stability, vulcanization curve, Mooney scorch time, rubber thermal conductivity, rubber vapor penetration rate, rubber swelling index, rubber chemical metals, sulfur and polymers, etc.
- Applicable performance: Hydraulic pressure resistance, impulse test, electrical conductivity, water tightness, air tightness
- Toxic and hazardous substances: Soluble heavy metals, ortho-benzene plasticizers, formaldehyde, REACH, Rosh, etc.
- Other properties: Dustproof, waterproof test, fatigue test, vibration and shock test, etc.
Standards we test to
- ASTM D6048, ASTM D6049, ASTM D1330, ASTM D5992, ASTM D1917, ASTM D5461, ASTM D5376, ASTM D3346, ASTM D5460, ASTM D1417, ASTM D297
- ISO 19003, ISO 5893, ISO 9553, ISO 1402, ISO 23529, ISO 23794, ISO 6802, ISO 6803, ISO 25518, ISO/TR 7620, ISO 23337
In addition, the experts in our Rubber Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Nonwoven Materials
- Pulp and Paper
- Metal and Alloys
- Liquid Crystal
- Composite Materials
- Nanomaterials Characterization
- Biomedical Materials
- Carbon Fiber
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer Material
- Thermal Insulation Materials
- Aerospace Materials Testing
- Automotive Materials Testing
- Chemical Reagents Testing
- Chemicals Testing
- Electronic Materials Testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Plastic Film Testing
- Raw Materials Testing
- Semiconductor Materials Testing