Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
Moisture content is an essential parameter in various industries, ranging from pharmaceuticals, food, petrochemicals, to cosmetics. The presence of moisture may impact the quality, stability, and shelf life of products. Therefore, testing the moisture content during the production process is critical to ensure the products' quality and compliance with regulatory requirements. One of the widely used methods for moisture testing is the Karl Fischer (KF) method.
The Karl Fischer method is a titration method that relies on the chemical reaction between water and Karl Fischer reagent to determine the moisture content. The Karl Fischer reagent typically contains iodine, sulfur dioxide, pyridine, and methanol. In the presence of water, sulfur dioxide and iodine react to form iodide ions, which in turn react with methanol to form methyliodide. The amount of water is proportional to the amount of iodine used in the reaction, as indicated by the titration endpoint detected by a potentiometric or coulometric method.
The KF method can be performed with either a volumetric or coulometric approach.
- Volumetric Titration Method
The volumetric method involves adding a known volume of reagent to a sample and titrating it until the endpoint is reached. The endpoint is indicated by a color change or a sudden increase in conductivity.
- Coulometric Titration Method
The coulometric method, on the other hand, generates iodine electrochemically and measures the current required until the endpoint is reached. The advantage of coulometric method is that it can measure very low moisture levels with high precision and accuracy.
Our Advantage in KF Moisture Testing
As a leading bioanalytical and testing laboratory, T,C&A Lab has always been committed to providing innovative solutions to our clients. This commitment is reflected in our excellence in Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing.
KF Moisture Testing is a critical process for measuring the moisture content of a sample accurately. Our researchers have developed several methods to perform KF Moisture Testing in compliance with various industry standards.
Our ISO 9001:2015 accreditation guarantees that our KF Moisture Testing methods are reliable, accurate, and meet or exceed industry-specific regulations.
What We Can Offer
- Customizable Testing
We understand that each client's needs are unique. That's why we offer customized testing protocols to meet your specific requirements and objectives.
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
Our Karl Fischer moisture testing equipment is top-of-the-line and maintained to the highest standards, ensuring accurate and reliable results every time.
- Experienced Team
Our team of experts includes highly qualified scientists with years of experience in Karl Fischer moisture testing, ensuring that your samples are in capable hands.
- Competitive Pricing
At T,C&A Lab, we understand the importance of cost-effectiveness. We offer competitive pricing on all of our services, so you can get the most value for your investment.
- Fast Turnaround
We know that time is of the essence when it comes to moisture testing. That's why we offer fast turnaround times, so you can get your results in a timely manner.
Whether you need Karl Fischer moisture testing for your biology research or for other industrial applications, you can trust T,C&A Lab to deliver accurate, reliable, and customizable results. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help with your moisture testing needs!
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
- Morphology & Size Analysis
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis