Non-destructive testing (NDT) is to use the acoustic, optical, magnetic and electrical properties of the material to detect whether there are defects or non-uniformity in the tested object without damaging or affecting the service performance of the tested object, and to obtain the size, location, nature and quantity of defects. The non-destructive testing laboratory of T,C&A carries out five major professional testing projects including liquid penetrant testing (PT), magnetic particle testing (MT), radiographic testing (RT), ultrasonic testing (UT), eddy current testing (ET). In addition, other non-destructive testing services are also provided, including acoustic emission testing (AE), electromagnetic testing (ET), ground penetrating radar (GPR), laser testing methods (LM), leak testing (LT), magnetic flux leakage (MFL), microwave testing, neutron radiographic testing (NR), thermal/infrared testing (IRT). Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Characteristics of non-destructive testing
- The first is non-destructive, because it does not damage the performance of the object being tested.
- Second, it is comprehensive, and because the detection is non-destructive, 100% comprehensive detection of the detected object can be carried out if necessary.
- Third, it is full-process. Destructive testing is generally only suitable for testing raw materials, while non-destructive testing does not damage the performance of the tested object. Therefore, it can not only inspect the raw materials for manufacturing, the intermediate processes and the final products, but also inspect the equipment in service.
Application of non-destructive testing
- The defects in the interior and surface of the material or workpiece can be found by NDT, the geometric characteristics and dimensions of the workpiece can be measured, and the internal composition, structure, physical properties and state of the material or workpiece can be determined.
- NDT can be applied to product design, material selection, processing and manufacturing, finished product inspection, in-service inspection (maintenance), etc., and can play an optimal role in quality control and cost reduction. NDT also helps to ensure the safe operation and/or effective use of the product.
Instruments and data
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
- Morphology & Size Analysis
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis