Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
Scanning electron microscope is a large analytical instrument, which is widely used in material science, life science, physics, chemistry and other fields. The scanning electron microscope is equipped with some special accessories, such as energy spectrometer, electron diffractometer, etc., so that the scanning electron microscope becomes a multi-functional, fast, intuitive and comprehensive surface analysis instrument. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab's Scanning Electron Microscope Laboratory can analyze metals, ceramics, composite material and other materials according to ISO, ASTM and other standards. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Main advantages of scanning electron microscope
The resolution of advanced scanning electron microscope has reached about 1 nm.
The resolution of the electron microscope is much higher than that of the optical microscope. The highest magnification of the optical microscope is only about 1500 times, while the scanning microscope can magnify more than 10000 times.
The fine structure of the uneven surface of all kinds of samples can be observed directly.
Simple sample preparation
Large-scale samples can be observed, from millimeters to centimeters; bulk samples do not need to be cut into ultra-thin slices.
Configure X-ray energy spectrometer
Simultaneously observe the microstructure and analyze the composition of the microstructure.
SEM has a wide range of applications in materials and metallurgy, including
Fracture failure analysis
Cause analysis of product defects
Coating structure and thickness analysis
Coating layer and thickness analysis
Material surface wear and corrosion analysis
Refractory structure and corrosion analysis
Standards we test to
|ASTM F1372||Standard Test Method for Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Analysis of Metallic Surface Condition for Gas Distribution System Components|
|ASTM C1723-16||Standard Guide for Examination of Hardened Concrete Using Scanning Electron Microscopy|
|ASTM F1877-16||Standard Practice for Characterization of Particles|
|ASTM E986-04||Standard Practice for Scanning Electron Microscope Beam Size Characterization|
In addition, the experts in our Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory also provide a variety of custom tests as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom service with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Hayashi. Hydrothermal synthesis of metal oxide nanoparticles in supercritical water. Materials 3.7 (2010): 3794-3817.
- Colla; et al. Strain hardening behavior of dual-phase steels. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 40.11 (2009): 2557.
- Annunziata, M.; et al. Bacterial adhesion to direct laser metal formed and mildly acid etched implant surfaces. Surface and Coatings Technology 328 (2017): 390-397.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
- Morphology & Size Analysis
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis