Testing of Magnetic Materials
Magnetic properties are the same as mechanical properties, thermal properties, optical properties and electrical properties, which belong to the basic properties of materials. For magnetic functional materials, magnetic properties are particularly important. For the selection, production and quality control of magnetic materials used in many industrial applications, magnetic performance tests must be carried out. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can provide Magnetic Materials Testing service according to ISO, ASTM standards and industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
The materials we tested include:
- Permanent magnetic materials
Materials with wide hysteresis loop, high coercivity, high remanence, and can maintain constant magnetic properties once magnetized. Also known as hard magnetic materials. In practice, the permanent magnet material works in the second quadrant demagnetization part of the magnetic hysteresis loop after deep magnetic saturation and magnetization.
- Soft magnetic materials
- Alloys: Such as Fe-Si, Fe-Ni, Fe-Si-Al.
- Soft magnetic ferrites: Mn-Zn series, Ni-Zn series, Mg-Zn series, etc.
- Amorphous, nanocrystals, thin films, etc. Materials with high magnetic induction can be obtained with low loss and can respond quickly to the change of external magnetic field.
- Gyromagnetic materials
It has unique microwave magnetism, such as the tensor characteristic of permeability, Faraday rotation, resonance absorption, field shift, phase shift, birefringence and spin wave effects.
- Piezomagnetic material
This type of material is characterized by mechanical deformation under the action of an external magnetic field, so it is also called magnetostrictive material. Its function is to convert magneto-acoustic or magnetic energy.
Our testing items include but are not limited to:
- Magnetization curve
- Magnetic induction
- Coercive Force
- Curie temperature
- Hysteresis loss
- Resistivity power dissipation
Standards we test to
- ASTM A804, ASTM A773, ASTM A341, ASTM A598, ASTM A889, ASTM A596, ASTM A977, ASTM A343, ASTM A1036, ASTM A912
- ISO 8063, ISO 8462
In addition, the experts in our Magnetic Materials Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Ding, Wence, and Lin Guo. Immobilized transferrin Fe3O4@ SiO2 nanoparticle with high doxorubicin loading for dual-targeted tumor drug delivery. International journal of nanomedicine 8 (2013): 4631.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
- Morphology & Size Analysis
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis