Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
Ultraviolet absorption method can be used to determine the composition and content of substances according to the absorption of different wavelengths of ultraviolet light. Ultraviolet spectroscopy can be applied to the determination of unsaturated organic substances, especially conjugated systems, to infer the skeleton structure of unknown substances, which is very important for understanding the material world from the molecular level. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab's Ultraviolet Spectrum Testing Laboratory can perform a full range of analysis services according to ISO, ASTM and other standards as well as industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Analysis and testing capabilities of ultraviolet spectrum
The ultraviolet spectrum can be used to deduce whether there are conjugated structure systems in the molecular skeleton of organic compounds, such as C=C-C=C, C=C-C=O, benzene ring and so on.
If the organic compound has no obvious absorption peak in the UV-visible region, and the impurities have a strong absorption in the UV region, the UV spectrum can be used to test the purity of the compound.
For the determination of isomers, λmax can be calculated through empirical rules and compared with the measured value to confirm which isomer the compound is.
Determination of steric hindrance
The steric hindrance will affect the coplanar nature of the conjugated system. When the chromogenic groups of the conjugated system are approximately in the same plane and the two chromogenic groups have greater resonance, the steric hindrance effect is small.
Determination of hydrogen bond strength
When solvent molecules associate with solute molecules to form hydrogen bonds, they have a greater impact on the UV spectrum of solute molecules.
Analysis methods include Lambert-Beer law, comparison method and standard curve method.
Friendly tip: UV spectrum is only an auxiliary analysis method, and other analysis methods, such as infrared, nuclear magnetic resonance, EPR and other comprehensive methods are needed to analyze the tested objects in order to get accurate data.
Our test cases include, but are not limited to
Quantitative determination of soluble lignin and furfural in lignocellulosic pre-hydrolyzed solution by ultraviolet spectroscopy.
UV spectrum analysis to monitor water quality.
Monitoring of aspirin and salicylic acid in aspirin synthesis system by ultraviolet spectroscopy.
Determination of caffeine in Cola beverage by ultraviolet spectroscopy.
The concentration of the sample solution must be appropriate, and it must be clear and transparent, and there must be no bubbles or suspended matter.
Solid sample > 0.2g, liquid sample > 2mL.
Standards we test to
ASTM D2008, ASTM E275, ASTM D8071, ASTM D8267, ASTM D2269, ASTM D5510, ASTM D1840, ASTM D5156
ISO/TS 17466, ISO 11264, ISO 10640, ISO 3656, ISO 22478, ISO 20179
In addition, the experts in our Ultraviolet Spectrum Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Satheeshkumar, E.; et al. One-step solution processing of Ag, Au and Pd@ MXene hybrids for SERS. Scientific reports 6 (2016): 32049.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
- Morphology & Size Analysis
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis