Welding is a manufacturing process and technology for joining metals or other thermoplastic materials such as plastics by heating, high temperature, or high pressure. Welding quality inspection refers to the inspection of welding results, the purpose is to ensure the integrity, reliability, safety and usability of the welded structure. In addition to the requirements for welding technology and welding process, welding quality inspection is also an important part of welding structure quality management. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can perform welding testing according to ISO, ASTM and other standards. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
T,C&A Lab's Weld Testing Methods
There are many welding testing methods, which can be divided into destructive testing and non-destructive testing.
Some sort of the damage takes place in the component which is being tested, the extent of damage may be more or less, but most of the time it is observed that component, which has been tested by the destructive test is damaged to such as extent that it cannot be used foo further, for the targeted application. Destructive tests include but are not limited to:
Mechanical performance test, such as tensile test, hardness test, bending test, fatigue test, impact test.
Chemical analysis test, such as chemical composition analysis, corrosion test.
Metallographic test, such as macro inspection, micro inspection.
Nondestructive testing or Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and technology industry to evaluate the properties of a material, component or system without causing damage. Major types of NDT include but are not limited to:
Appearance inspection, such as size inspection, geometric shape inspection, surface scar inspection.
Pressure test, such as water pressure test and air pressure test.
Tightness test, such as air tightness test, water-carrying test, ammonia gas test, submerged water test, kerosene leak test, ammonia leak test.
Standards we test to
|Standard Test Method for Guided Bend Test for Ductility of Welds
|Standard Practice for Contact Ultrasonic Testing of Welds Using Phased Arrays
|Standard Practice for Examination of Welds Using the Alternating Current Field Measurement Technique
|Standard Practice for Examination of Carbon Steel Welds Using Eddy Current Array
|Destructive Tests on Welds in Metallic Materials — Bend Tests
|Destructive Tests on Welds in Metallic Materials — Transverse Tensile Test
|Destructive Tests on Welds in Metallic Materials — Longitudinal Tensile Test on Weld Metal in Fusion Welded Joints
In addition, the experts in our Weld Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom tests as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom service with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Khattak, M. A.; et al. Failure Analysis of Crashed Helicopter Main Components. Journal Of Multidisciplinary Approaches In Science (Jmas), 2019.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
Morphology & Size Analysis
- Optical Microscope (OM) Testing Services
- SEM/EDS Testing Services
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Lab Services
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) Lab Services
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Lab Services
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) Lab Services
- Surface Analysis
- Layer Compression Test
- Cross Cut Test
- Color/Gloss Measurement
- Surface Roughness Test
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Surface Tension Tesing
- Ingredient Analysis