X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
X-ray diffraction analysis is the main method to study the phase and crystal structure of substances. When a substance is subjected to diffraction analysis, the substance is irradiated by X-rays to produce different degrees of diffraction. The material composition, crystal form, intramolecular bonding mode, molecular configuration, conformation and so on determine the unique diffraction pattern of the material. X-ray analysis is a modern method for material structure and composition analysis, which has the advantages of no damage to samples, no pollution, high speed and high degree of measurement. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab can perform X-Ray Diffraction Analysis according to ISO, ASTM and other standards. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Our X-ray diffraction method can help you
Phase identification refers to the determination of which phases the material is composed of and the content of each phase, which mainly includes qualitative phase analysis and quantitative phase analysis.
Determination of lattice parameters
It is often used to determine the solid solubility curve of the phase diagram.
Determination of macroscopic stress
The direction and magnitude of macroscopic residual stress directly affect the service life of machine parts. By measuring the distance between the lattice planes in different directions, the magnitude and direction of the residual stress can be calculated.
Determination of crystallinity
Crystallinity is an important parameter affecting material properties.
Characterization of particle size of nanomaterials
The average particle size of nanoparticles can be determined by X-ray diffraction line width method.
Determination of crystal orientation and texture
The determination of crystal orientation, also known as single crystal orientation, is to find out the orientation relationship between the crystallographic orientation in the crystal sample and the external coordinate system of the sample.
Standards we test to
|ASTM E2860||Standard Test Method for Residual Stress Measurement by X-Ray Diffraction for Bearing Steels|
|ASTM D8021||Standard Guide for Blast Furnace and Steel Furnace Slag as Produced During the Manufacture of Iron and Steel|
|ASTM E915||Test Method for Verifying the Alignment of X-Ray Diffraction Instrumentation for Residual Stress Measurement|
|ASTM E1426||Test Method for Determining the Effective Elastic Parameter for X-Ray Diffraction Measurements of Residual Stress|
|ASTM E7-17||Standard Terminology Relating to Metallography|
In addition, the experts in our X-Ray Diffraction Analysis Laboratory also provide a variety of custom tests as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom service with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Mad Rosip, N. I.; et al. Producing of 316L stainless steel (SS316L) foam via slurry method. (2013).
- Lupoi, R.; et al. Hardfacing steel with nanostructured coatings of Stellite-6 by supersonic laser deposition. Light: Science & Applications 1.5 (2012): e10-e10.
- Khalil, Osama M.; et al. Studying the effect of zeolite inclusion in aluminum alloy on measurement of its surface hardness using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy technique. Optical Engineering 53.1 (2014): 014106.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: the service is for research use only and not intended for any clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structure Identification
- Flame Resistance Testing
- Electrical Properties Testing
- Optical Properties Testing
- Testing of Magnetic Materials
- Morphology & Size
- Material Properties
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Composite Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Material Characterization
- Performance Testing
- Polymer Material Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Restricted Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering Service
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis