X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) is the use of X-rays to irradiate the sample to stimulate the emission of inner electrons or valence electrons of atoms or molecules. XPS is an important method of material surface analysis, and widely used in the analysis of inorganic elements in the fields of chemistry, polymer, materials, environment, biology, medicine, pharmacy, agronomy, geology, food, life science, etc. As a professional reliability third-party testing organization, T,C&A Lab's XPS Testing Laboratory can perform a full range of analysis services according to ISO, ASTM and other standards as well as industry requirements. Welcome to contact our experts for consultation.
Analysis and testing capabilities of XPS
Qualitative analysis of elements
All elements except H and He can be identified based on the positions of the characteristic lines appearing in the energy spectrum.
Quantitative analysis of elements
According to the energy spectrum, the photoelectron line intensity (the area of the photoelectron peak) reflects the content or relative concentration of atoms.
Solid surface analysis
Including surface chemical composition or element composition, atomic valence state, surface energy state distribution, measurement of electron cloud distribution and energy level structure of surface electrons, etc.
The structure of compound
It can accurately measure the chemical shift of the inner electron binding energy and provide information on the chemical bond and charge distribution.
Application in molecular biology
For example, using XPS to identify a small amount of Co in vitamin B12.
It is used to measure the chemical composition and chemical state of the surface
Micro-area qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis
Surface chemical image
Powder samples: dry powder samples that need more than 10mg.
Solid sample: the length of either side is not more than 1cm and the thickness does not exceed 2mm.
Liquid sample: easy to dry, charge for sample preparation.
Note: Mark whether the sample has information such as magnetism, toxicity, volatility, corrosivity, radioactivity, etc.
Standards we test to
|ASTM E995||Standard Guide for Background Subtraction Techniques in Auger Electron Spectroscopy and X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy|
|ASTM E1523||Standard Guide to Charge Control and Charge Referencing Techniques in X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy|
|ASTM E2108||Standard Practice for Calibration of the Electron Binding-Energy Scale of an X-Ray Photoelectron Spectrometer|
|ISO 1966||Surface Chemical Analysis — X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy — Estimating and Reporting Detection Limits for Elements in Homogeneous Materials|
|ISO 16531||Surface Chemical Analysis — Depth Profiling — Methods for Ion Beam Alignment and the Associated Measurement of Current or Current Density for Depth Profiling in AES and XPS|
In addition, the experts in our XPS Testing Laboratory also provide a variety of custom services as your needs and requirements. Let's discuss the custom services with our experts for free.
Instruments and data
- Kumagai, R.; et al. Light-induced atom desorption from glass surfaces characterized by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy[J]. Applied Physics B Lasers & Optics, 2016.
- Jain, M.; et al. Defect states and kinetic parameter analysis of ZnAl2O4 nanocrystals by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and thermoluminescence[J]. Scientific Reports, 2020, 10(1):385.
T,C&A Lab's services include, but are not limited to
Note: the service is for research use only and not intended for any clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structure Identification
- Flame Resistance Testing
- Electrical Properties Testing
- Optical Properties Testing
- Testing of Magnetic Materials
- Morphology & Size
- Material Properties
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Composite Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Material Characterization
- Performance Testing
- Polymer Material Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Restricted Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering Service
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Ingredient Analysis