Surface Tension Tesing
Surface tension testing is widely used in many industrial applications. T, C&A Lab can provide a full range of surface tension measurement services for coatings, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, oil and other industries and related products. Our state-of-the-art equipment and experienced team enable us to provide accurate and reliable measurements for a wide range of applications.
T, C&A Lab's test methods include but are not limited to
- Surface Tension Measurement Using Force Tensiometers
The Force Tensiometer measurement instrument from T, C&A Lab works by measuring the force applied to a probe that is placed at the liquid-liquid or liquid-gas interface. The liquid interface is brought into contact with the probe, which is attached to a very sensitive balance. Surface tension can be calculated using the balance's measurement of the force applied by the probe as it comes into contact with the liquid's surface.
The widely used probes from TC&A Lab are offered in two configurations: the du Noüy ring and the Wilhelmy plate. When sample volume is constrained, metal rods can also be used in place of the Wilhelmy plate.
- Measuring Surface Tension with an Optical Tensiometer
An optical tensiometer can be used by T, C&A Lab to measure static and semi-dynamic surface tension levels.
We can perform surface tension measurements optically by means of drop shape analysis. Inversion measurements, which are also frequently used to gauge the interfacial tension between two immiscible liquids, can also be used to gauge surface tension.
Fig 1. Scheme of interfacial tension measurement by means of the du Noüy ring method. (Korenko M, et al. 2010)
T, C&A Lab's services include but are not limited to
- Surface Tension Measurement
Using force tensiometers or optical tensiometers, T, C&A Lab is able to accurately and repeatedly estimate the surface tension of a sample.
- Contact Angle Measurement
To analyze the wetting behavior of liquids on solid surfaces and to comprehend how liquids interact with substrates like coatings, paints, and adhesives, T, C&A Lab also provides contact angle analysis.
- Dynamic Surface Tension Analysis
Dynamic surface tension analysis is a service provided by T, C&A Lab to assess samples for surfactant effectiveness, foaming, and spreading characteristics, which is essential for the study of the stability and performance of liquids in dynamic systems.
- Surface Energy Calculations
Processes involving bonding, coating, and wetting heavily depend on surface energy. Based on measurements of surface tension and contact angle, T, C&A Lab can determine the surface energy of various materials. The choice of materials and product optimization can be guided by this information..
- Consulting and Data Analysis
The team of specialists at TC&A Lab can offer consultancy and in-depth data analysis. We can assist you with any related queries, offer insight into your particular application, and help you analyze the findings of surface tension measurements.
The T, C&A Lab Advantages
- We measure surface tension with cutting-edge equipment that enables precise and repeatable results at a range of temperatures, pressures, and sample sizes.
- Aqueous solutions, organic solvents, oils, and surfactant solutions are just a few of the fluids we are skilled in analyzing. We have the capacity to suit your unique demands, whether you require surface tension measurements for research, quality control, or product development.
- We can offer specialized testing services depending on your particular requirements because we are aware that every customer may have different requirements. To ensure accurate and pertinent test findings, we will closely collaborate with you to identify the most appropriate test parameters.
Contact us today to discuss your surface tension measurement needs and how we can help you achieve your goals.
- Korenko M, et al. (2010). "Porous Cellulose Acetate/Block Copolymer Membranes for the Recovery of Polyphenolic Compounds from Aquatic Environments." ACS Omega. 2010, 7(3), 2774-2785.
Note: this service is for Research Use Only and Not intended for clinical use.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Testing
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Testing
- Infrared Spectroscopy Testing
- Ultraviolet Spectrum (UV) Testing
- Mass Spectrometry Testing
- Micro-Raman Spectroscopy Testing
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Testing
- Elemental Analysis
- Structural Characterization
Morphology & Size Analysis
- Optical Microscope (OM) Testing Services
- SEM/EDS Testing Services
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Lab Services
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) Lab Services
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Lab Services
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) Lab Services
- Surface Analysis
- Layer Compression Test
- Cross Cut Test
- Color/Gloss Measurement
- Surface Roughness Test
- Corrosion Inhibitor Testing
- Crevice Corrosion Testing
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Corrosion Testing
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Testing
- Pitting Corrosion Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Sour Service Corrosion Testing
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Testing
- Sulfide Stress Cracking (SSC) Testing
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pharmaceutical Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Case Depth Testing and Analysis
- Grain Size Analysis
- Particle Size Distribution Analysis and Testing
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Inclusion Rating
- Ferrite Testing
- Porosity Testing
- Grain Flow Testing and Analysis
- Weld Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Laboratory
- Harmful Substances Testing
- Reverse Engineering & Deformulation
- Karl Fischer (KF) Moisture Testing
- Industrial Problem Diagnosis
- Surface Tension Tesing
- Ingredient Analysis